My Simworld stories take place on an alternate planet, Simterra, in an unnamed star system in our universe.
Humans and Humanoids
Humans keep dogs, cats, and horses most often for pets, though they may also keep fish, frogs, snakes, crocodiles, and insects.
Other wildlife includes
- Birds (Blue Gold Macaw, Catalina Macaw, Cockatoo, Congo Af’simican Gray, Crow, Falcon, Spotted Sixam, Yellow Naped Simazon, Cardinal, Easter Bluebird, Gold finch, Lilac Breasted Roller, Nuthatch, Parakeet, Pigeon, Owl)
- Lizards (Anole Lizard, Ancient Dragon, Gecko, Chameleon, Pygmy Komodo Dragon, Agama Lizard, Texas Spiny Lizard, Iguana)
- Rodents (Chinchilla, Hedgehog, Squirrel, Rat, Shrew, Womrat, Chipmunk)
- Snakes (Yellow Python, Garter Snake, Emerald Tree Boa Snake, Malayan Krait Snake, Yellow Chondro Python, Scarlet King Snake, Garter Snake, Iridescent Shieldtail Snake, Mini Python)
- Turtles (Barbour’s Map Turtle, Spotted Turtle, Eastern Box Turtle, Indian Roofed Turtle, Red Eared Slider Turtle, Pygmy Tortoise, Spiny Turtle, Western Painted Turtle)
- Insects (ants, ladybugs, butterflies, house flies)
- Wild horses
- Af’simican Wild Dogs
- Pandas and red pandas
- Parque Nacional Santa María de la Purísima is based on Parque Nacional Cañón de Santa Elena, a national park in Mexico in the Chihuahuan Desert.
- Simojave Desert spans parts of Califorsimia, Simvada, Simizona, and Beesim and is a play on the Mojave Desert.
- Lake Lovely in Lucky Palms, Simvada
- Lake Simoraine is located in Hidden Springs, Simnadia and is a play on Lake Moraine in Canada.
- Rio Simnora is located in Mexsimco and is a play on the Rio Grande in Mexico.
- Simazon River in Mexsimco (a play on the Amazon)
Simterra is farther away from its sun than Earth is and subsequently has cooler weather. Simterra has 4 seasons – winter, spring, summer, and fall.
- Winter (hail, snow, rain, thunderstorms, sunshine)
- Spring (hail, snow, rain, sunshine)
- Summer (hail, rain, thunderstorms, sunshine)
- Fall (hail, rain, snow, sunshine)
Electromagnetic storms happen on Luna, especially in the spring and summer. On rare occasion, they happen on Simterra.
- Hurricane Katsimona hit the Eastern seaboard in February of 2405, devastating much of the Southern states.
- The North Bay earthquake of June 2415 hit much of the northern coast of Califorsimia, doing about 362 million-785 million Simos worth of damage.