My Simworld stories take place on an alternate planet, Simterra, in an unnamed star system in our universe. Simterra is the fourth planet in the Daleth (or Triangular) System. It is approximately 32 light years from the Sol System.
It orbits a cooler star (their sun) called Sul [pronounced Zuhl]. This affects the weather on the planet; average temperature is much cooler than Earth, and hail/snow/rain can fall during all seasons.
The Daleth system is named for the Rauls Daleth (pronounced: rawls day-leth), a scientist/astronomer/ethicist from Simse. He died before the trek to the actual system, but the onboard computer on the Dornröschen was named the Dalethe. Dalethianism is also named for Daleth, and is the study of universal ethics.
There are eight planets in the Daleth Sul star system – Ena Prime (terrestrial), Zeto Aepio (gas giant), Simterra (terrestrial), Tessera (terrestrial), Tua Orb (terrestrial ice), Eta X (oceanic terrestrial), Oktu Dentra (terrestrial forest), and Eva Vea (gas giant).
The system also has five terrestrial moons – Teta La, Luna Prime, Eta Eri, Pax, and Eta Molta.
Ena Prime, also known as Kr’v or Tartarus or Tartar Prime. Most of the planet’s surface is lava, and many volcanos are active. It is the Kr’v homeworld. Its moon is barren, and is called Papyru (named for Papyrus – pronounced pay-peer-us- an angelic messenger in Al-Sim, or St. Papyrus in Jacoban, patron saint of messengers and newspaper delivery persons).
Zeto Aepio Giganta is a green-red gas giant with three moons.
- Its first moon, Ikaru is closest to the Sul and is entirely lava. It is named for the Simlish Icarus.
- Teta Yu La is a terrestrial moon, capable of supporting life forms, with 60% of the moon covered in ice, and 40% covered in mud swamps, home to the úmai and witches. Named for Yu La, the first queen in Simbai and prominent figure in Simduism.
- Teta Fo is the third moon, and is entirely lava.
Nuvensimia, more commonly known as Simterra, is the third planet orbiting Sul. It is smaller than Earth. It has a terrestrial moon, Luna Prime, with three major settlements – Lunar Lakes, Moon Base Charlie, and Moon Base Delta.
Tessera is the fourth planet, home to the unknown Fae and Plantsims parent races, and has two uninhabitable moons, Tevera and Ago.
Tua Orb is the sixth planet without a moon and is 85% ice and snow, home to the Orbix. Their terrestrial desert moon is called Eta Eri, home to the genies, and mummies (former Xekzoi).
Eta X is the seventh planet, and is 85% water, and home to the unknown merfolk parent race. Its terrestrial ice moon is called Pax as it was the site of peace talks between the Kr’v and Xekzoi once.
Oktu Dentra is the eighth forested planet, home to the Lykonians, the parent race of werewolves. Its moon is called Feng, and is a dead, but terrestrial volcanic moon, home to ghosts.
Eva Vea is the ninth gaseous planet (named for Venivea, the goddess of love) and its moon is Xenosa or Eva Molta, home to the Xekzoi, and is past the asteroid belt.
Humans and Humanoids
called Sims. There are many different races of Sims and 11 supernatural types (including several supernatural hybrids). Nativians are the only aliens to truly “share” the planet, but other aliens such as the Orbix, Xenosi, and Kr’v also live on Simterra.
- Simharan star clusters are a flower found in Al Simhara. They are a vibrant red and can withstand harsh dry temperatures.
- There is a geological rock known as Llamite. It is primarily found on the West coast of the Sim Nation and on Luna.
Humans keep dogs, cats, and horses most often for pets, though they may also keep fish, frogs, snakes, crocodiles, and insects.
Other wildlife includes
- Birds (Blue Gold Macaw, Catalina Macaw, Cockatoo, Congo Af’simican Gray, Crow, Falcon, Spotted Sixam, Yellow Naped Simazon, Cardinal, Easter Bluebird, Gold finch, Lilac Breasted Roller, Nuthatch, Parakeet, Pigeon, Owl)
- Lizards (Anole Lizard, Ancient Dragon, Gecko, Chameleon, Pygmy Komodo Dragon, Agama Lizard, Texas Spiny Lizard, Iguana)
- Rodents (Chinchilla, Hedgehog, Squirrel, Rat, Shrew, Womrat, Chipmunk)
- Snakes (Yellow Python, Garter Snake, Emerald Tree Boa Snake, Malayan Krait Snake, Yellow Chondro Python, Scarlet King Snake, Garter Snake, Iridescent Shieldtail Snake, Mini Python)
- Turtles (Barbour’s Map Turtle, Spotted Turtle, Eastern Box Turtle, Indian Roofed Turtle, Red Eared Slider Turtle, Pygmy Tortoise, Spiny Turtle, Western Painted Turtle)
- Insects (ants, ladybugs, butterflies, house flies)
- Wild horses
- Af’simican Wild Dogs
- Pandas and red pandas
- Mount Simnali is a mountain in Simlaska, a play on Mount Denali in Alaska.
- Parque Nacional Santa María de la Purísima is based on Parque Nacional Cañón de Santa Elena, a national park in Mexico in the Chihuahuan Desert.
- Simhenge is located in Sunset Valley, Califorsimia and is a play on Stonehenge.
- Simojave Desert spans parts of Califorsimia, Simvada, Simizona, and Simute and is a play on the Mojave Desert.
- Lake Lovely in Lucky Palms, Simvada
- Lake Simoraine is located in Hidden Springs, Simnadia and is a play on Lake Moraine in Canada.
- Rio Simnora is located in Mexsimco and is a play on the Rio Grande in Mexico.
- Simazon River in Mexsimco (a play on the Amazon)
Simterra is farther away from its sun than Earth is and subsequently has cooler weather. Simterra has 4 seasons – winter, spring, summer, and fall.
- Winter (hail, snow, rain, thunderstorms, sunshine)
- Spring (hail, snow, rain, sunshine)
- Summer (hail, rain, thunderstorms, sunshine)
- Fall (hail, rain, snow, sunshine)
Electromagnetic storms happen on Luna, especially in the spring and summer. On rare occasion, they happen on Simterra.
- Hurricane Katsimona hit the Eastern seaboard in February of 2405, devastating much of the Southern states.
- The North Bay earthquake of June 2415 hit much of thenorthern coast of Califorsimia, doing about 362 million-785 million Simos worth of damage.
- Sul is a play and a pun of a common Simlish term, heard in game, Sul Sul. In my Simworld, this is the word for their star, their sun.
- The planets have numerical terms in their names.