Looks like this blog was also nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Kate at The Loewe Legacy. It’s a delightful story set in the beautiful Monte Vista following the life of an horse-loving orphan starting over in a new town and having a family of her own. You can view her nomination post here.
Update/Edit: I was also nominated recently by Jojo of Fine Lines. You can view her nomination of me here. I am running out of people to nominate, but I wanted to thank her for her kind nomination. I also added 7 new facts below.
Kass (and I) are honored to accept! 🙂
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share the award on your blog.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Tag 10 bloggers with less than 1000 followers and let them know they’ve been nominated.
My 7 random facts
- I love autumn. I love everything about it – the crisp days and cool nights, sweater weather, scarves, boots, apples, pumpkin pie, cranberries, turkey dinners, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, spiced cider, hot cocoa, back to school shopping, the turning of leaves, bonfires and s’mores, warm blankets, fall holidays like Ocktoberfest, Halloween, and personal favorite – Thanksgiving.
- My favorite dinner is Italian – particularly fettucine alfredo with chicken and broccoli.
- I love the smell and sound of rain. I get really excited when I can hear rain on my roof. I will go out and watch a rainstorm on my porch, and I don’t mind walking in the rain with my boots and umbrella.
- I love the sound of an orchestra warming up. There’s just something about it that excites me – the anticipation of beautiful music.
- I like the smell of sunscreen – this signals summer for me – and I really don’t mind the feel of it on my skin, unless it’s cheap-o watered down stuff.
- I have never played Snowflake Day in my Sims game. I know. *gasp* Must remedy that.
- I absolutely adore red-haired Sims and dark-skinned Sims. I think they are utterly beautiful. 🙂
7 More Random Facts (thanks to JoJo’s nomination of me here):
- I enjoy tabletop games – RPGs and board games, particularly word games.
- I rarely watch TV when it’s actually on but my one guilty pleasure is Dancing with the Stars.
- My favorite activity to do with my friends is to sit in coffee shops and talk for hours.
- In college, I worked for marching band as lead equipment manager, and I loved it. It’s one of the best jobs I’ve ever had because it taught me a lot about teamwork, time management, communications, and servant leadership.
- I’ve been singing since I was a little girl, and I even performed the national anthem with my girls chorus for several years in a row at a major league baseball game.
- My favorite date night activity with the spouse is dressing up and going out for dinner. It doesn’t even have to be expensive. It’s fun to wear a dress and heels and go out for fast food.
- I am a night owl! I don’t like early mornings, and I don’t feel alive until I have my coffee.
I’m nominating (in no particular order)…
- Dustland Fairytale
- Fine Lines
- The Maldini Legacy
- A Graying World
- Different Winters
- Ghost of a Chance
- The Life of a Bluebeard
- Wild Hearts: The Wilder Vampiracy
- Chains of Lyra
- Centauri Legacy