I have not forgotten you. Or Kass. I promise. I’ve been busy adjusting to my new job and plugging away through grad school. I’ve also been binge writing Colt Family Traitacy and trying to get From Riverview With Love up to speed.
There are some plot bunnies coming in Kass’s story, but first, I wanted to tie up loose ends and write about what happened in between KCKLF and KFLL in Kass’s and Gage’s worlds. And I know I’ve been saying this for awhile, so I don’t want to just write “soon,” so I’m going to say I’ll be updating Kass’s story in some way, shape, or form in September.
Also I am horribly overdue on this. Thank you Mastress Alita of Sim Stories and JLBDreams of Dreaming Sims for nominating Kass’s story for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I feel so honored to be nominated twice (thrice, since the Colt Family Traitacy was nominated over on LASL). It’s a wonderful feeling logging into WordPress knowing that readers all over the world are enjoying my stories and investing in my stories and reading my stories. I am truly blessed as a SimLit writer to belong to such a wonderful community.
The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you include.
- Keep the rules in your post.
Questions from Mastress Alita: nomination link here.
1. What is the first Sims game you played? TS3
2. Favorite expansion/stuff pack/game pack? Seasons
3. What is your favorite book or author? Too many to choose. I do love Joanna Fluke’s Hannah Swensen Mysteries and Thrillers.
4. What is your favorite fictional genre? crime/mystery
5. Is there a song that always brings you to tears? Debussy’s Clare de Lune
6. What is your favorite vacation destination? mountains
7. Pick your poison (what is your drink of choice?) piña colada
8. Let’s play kiss, marry, kill, only with your Sims! (That is, of your Sims, which one would you most like to kiss, which one would you most like to marry, and which one would you most like to kill?) Hmm… that’s a tough one too… kill? hands-down probably Max Racket of the Colt Family Traitacy (because he’s evil). Kiss? Not going to lie… probably Brendon Shore or Gage Briody. Marry? I’d say my Sim-spouse, but he really hasn’t made an appearance in anything of mine yet. If he didn’t have so many issues (mostly with family), I do have a thing for Dennis Racket. I think he’s had it pretty rough.
9. What are five hobbies you enjoy? Singing, writing, reading, cooking, baking
10. What is your favorite fictional creature? Appa from Avatar: the Last Airbender
11. Against a zombie, what would be your weapon of choice? Any weapon? How about a lightsaber?
Questions from JLBDreams16: Nomination link here.
- Is writing just a hobby or do you want to make it a career? I love writing. I wouldn’t mind writing for a job. I already do somewhat.
- Which writers inspire you? There are way too many to list here… Shakespeare, Tolkein, C.S. Lewis, Jane Austen, Norton Juster, Lucy Maud Montgomery, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Jan Karon, Agatha Christie, Arthur Conan Doyle, Joanna Fluke, Rex Stout, Catherine Coulter, Daphne DeMaurier…. I could go on…
- So, what have you written? I’ve been writing poetry and short stories since I was five. I have many half-finished short stories from high school. I have a bunch of completed short stories for SimLit and I’m in the process of writing 5 stories actively, I have one completed story, and 3 inactive. I also have two novels I’m working on – one is a historical fantasy and is almost finished and the other is a sci-fi story and is basically in outline format right now.
- What genre do you like writing the most? What draws you to this genre? This is a tough one because it’s a toss-up between sci-fi, fantasy, and crime/mystery. I love mysteries because I love the puzzle of trying to figure things out. I like science fiction and fantasy because exploring space, the unknown, the supernatural, fantastical, etc has always fascinated me and I love a good adventure. I also like how we can safely talk about and explore real-world issues deeply under the guise of an alternate world. I like using fiction in general to explore mine and other’s thoughts, emotions, concerns, concepts, beliefs, and views.
- Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors? This answer is going to be similar to #2.
- For your own reading, do you prefer ebooks or traditional paper/hard back books? Traditional paper/hard back books.
- What book/s are you reading at present? Nameless by A.C. Williams; The Language Construction Kit by Mark Rosenfelder.
- What is your favourite movie and why? Tough questions…
- When do you write? Anytime, but I am a night owl and do my best writing between 10 PM – 3 AM.
- Who is your favorite Simlit Author and why? Oh wow! That’s a hard one too… I have many favorites. I swear I’m not trying to be a cop-out. I just would have to think really hard about who my favorite SimLit authors are.
- What advice would you give to aspiring writers of Simlit? Have fun with it, but don’t be afraid to take it seriously. Stick to a schedule you can manage. Engage in the community because that’s the best way to read, learn, improve, gain readers, and make friends.
My nominations are as follows: (And I feel like everyone’s already been nominated for this award so it’s incredibly difficult to hunt and find 11 people who haven’t been nominated yet. I’m nominating stories I am following and reading currently and I haven’t nominated in my other award [see here]. If you’ve been nominated before now, you’re getting the nominated again, although feel free to write your answers below in comment form instead of posting brand new if you’d like – and I’m borrowing that idea from Mastress Alita).
My questions to my nominees are as follows in no particular order:
- Eight Cicadas
- (Para) Normal Neighborhood
- Racket-Rotter Chronicles
- Surreal Darkness
- The Amari Family
- The Centauri Legacy
- The Chrysanthemum Tango
- The Last 100 Years
- The Torres Legacy
- Thirty Sims at Three Rivers
- Unexpected Turn
My questions to my nominees are as follows:
- If you were going to live forever, how would you spend your life?
- What’s your favorite TS3 supernatural and why?
- Who is your favorite SimLit couple and why?
- What’s your favorite Sims world and why?
- If you could travel through space, what would be your vessel of choice?
- What is currently on your reading list?
- Do you listen to music when you write SimLit, and if so, what?
- What SimLit character do you find most inspirational?
- What culture would you like to learn more about and why?
- What was your happiest/saddest/sappiest Sims game moment?
- What’s the hardest thing about writing SimLit and how do you get past it?